Open Call / Call for Proposals
soundance festival berlin, June 9 - 19, 2021, DOCK11, Berlin
The soundance festival berlin 2021 invites artists who work in contemporary dance and music to apply to participate in the festival.
Festival period: June 9-19, 2021 / Location: DOCK11, Berlin
Additional activities at other locations around the city are being planned.
Applications are now open (in German or English)
Deadline: February 12, 2021, 6:00 p.m.
Criteria of the pieces/projects for submission:
- Direct collaboration between dancers and musicians or choreographers and composers
- Number of artists involved in the piece: 1 - 5
Solo submissions that involve both mediums are also acceptable
- Styles: contemporary dance, contemporary music, real-time music, improvisation, sound art, street dance, related styles
- Duration of the piece/project: 20 - 60 minutes (If the duration falls outside of this window, please explain why)
- The piece/project has already been created and/or, if applicable, already been performed/shown and documented (video); if the piece is improvised, please submit representative, existing collaborations with the artists involved
- The piece/project can alternatively be realized/shown as a screening or video/livestream in the festival, if necessary due to the pandemic
Live performance: A performance fee and a rehearsal fee will be paid to each artist (250 Euro each, total 500 Euro gross per artist).
For artists residing outside Germany, a net fee will be paid (reverse-charge).
Video Formats: Streaming/screening arrangements will be made for video work (no live performance).
Travel expenses incurred can be reimbursed up to a maximum of 200 Euro in accordance with the Federal Travel Expenses Act (Bundesreisekostengesetz). The budget may vary depending on the size of the group and number of artists participating in the festival. 2nd class train travel is preferred, 1st class is not reimbursable.
Place of residence:
Due to the uncertainty of travel restrictions in the coming months, the 2021 Festival will prioritize applications from artists residing within Germany for the live performance events. Works that can be realized in digital or hybrid formats (e.g.with a live connection) can be submitted from artists living outside Germany.
By submitting an application, the participating artists confirm that their project/piece can, if necessary due to the pandemic, be shown in a different format – for example, livestreamed, in a film screening, or on the festival YouTube channel – as an alternative to the live performance.
Open call is closed.